This recipe was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection!
Wondering what to do with all those apples you picked this weekend? We have the best apple crumble recipe to share with you from the talented sisters behind Host to Perfection, using pantry ingredients we all have on hand. The best part? It works well with both peeled and unpeeled apples. So if you’re looking to sneak some fiber into your family’s diet (or save some time), skip the peeling process and get right to baking!
- 5 large gala apples, peeled or unpeeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pf cinnamon
- 6 tbs of butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both sugars, flour and cinnamon.
- Add the butter pieces and use your fingers to rub the mixture together until the butter is incorporated and the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the apple filling.
- Place the sliced apples in a baking dish. Squeeze juice of half a lemon over the apple and toss it together. Sprinkle crumb topping over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is nicely browned and apples are done.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (non-negotiable in my opinion!).
As originally seen on The Local Moms Network.
School’s finally out for summer, but for parents, it’s just about time to start thinking ahead to Back to School! Making a game plan now for August and September, including ordering some key supplies including Name Bubbles.
Learn how to fundraise with Shoott!
Kirsten Pierce, certified registered nurse anesthetist, mother to two amazing children, wife of an incredible husband and dog-mom of two fur babies, a Great Dane named Finnegan and a Lab mix named Layla. Besides her role of ‘super mom,’ Kirsten has now added the...