This recipe was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection!
Wondering what to do with all those apples you picked this weekend? We have the best apple crumble recipe to share with you from the talented sisters behind Host to Perfection, using pantry ingredients we all have on hand. The best part? It works well with both peeled and unpeeled apples. So if you’re looking to sneak some fiber into your family’s diet (or save some time), skip the peeling process and get right to baking!
- 5 large gala apples, peeled or unpeeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pf cinnamon
- 6 tbs of butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both sugars, flour and cinnamon.
- Add the butter pieces and use your fingers to rub the mixture together until the butter is incorporated and the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the apple filling.
- Place the sliced apples in a baking dish. Squeeze juice of half a lemon over the apple and toss it together. Sprinkle crumb topping over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is nicely browned and apples are done.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (non-negotiable in my opinion!).
As originally seen on The Local Moms Network.
The Best-Ever Rice Krispie Treats! By Jennifer Segal Servings: 20 to 24 squares Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes, plus one hour to cool INGREDIENTS 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan Two 10-oz bags mini...
This story was contributed by Rosemary D'Urso of Library Mom! Follow her on instagram @librarymombooks. It’s the season of ghosts and goblins and we are thrilled to share our list of brand-new picture books along with some timeless favorites that are...
Recently, we shared our favorite Back-to-School shopping secret weapon—Rockets of Awesome. This mom-founded kids brand is not only fun and fashionable (seriously, we wish these clothes came in our size!) but their subscription and online shopping options make it super...