Feb 15, 2018 | Recipes
Let me start by saying that you can’t taste chickpea AT ALL in this! I was expecting to and was pleasantly surprised. Instead you get a perfectly gooey mix of chocolate and peanut butter. I came across this recipe from @hydeparkmoms and I’m so glad I did so I can share this goodness with all of you.
Go ahead and give this recipe a try and tag @southwakeraleighmoms when you do! This just might be a new staple for you and the family when that sweet tooth hits.
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Dump all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine
- Use a small/square baking dish, or small cast iron skillet *The cast iron gives it more of a thinner cookie texture than baking it like you would regular blondies*
- Grease your baking dish or line with parchment paper
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour. The top will start cracking and the sides will turn golden brown.
- Let it sit for 25+ minutes before cutting!
4 Ways to Get Organized for Back to School!
School’s finally out for summer, but for parents, it’s just about time to start thinking ahead to Back to School! Making a game plan now for August and September, including ordering some key supplies including Name Bubbles.
Fundraise with Shoott!
Learn how to fundraise with Shoott!
Kirsten Pierce: The Beauty Mechanics
Kirsten Pierce, certified registered nurse anesthetist, mother to two amazing children, wife of an incredible husband and dog-mom of two fur babies, a Great Dane named Finnegan and a Lab mix named Layla. Besides her role of ‘super mom,’ Kirsten has now added the...