Jan 25, 2019 | Recipes
Looking for a kid-friendly, quick and easy meal that contains vegetables? This casserole is so good they won’t even notice there are “hidden” vegetables. My kids think it’s chicken, cheese, and “rice”. It’s a crowd pleaser and is also gluten-free, keto, and low-carb. I left out the chicken stock and halved the heavy cream with milk. This made the mixture less soupy in the end. Enjoy!
4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (can use a rotisserie chicken to save time)
1 head of cauliflower, riced (can also use frozen riced cauliflower and cook in microwave per instructions)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
½ cup chicken stock
Black pepper to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Grate the cauliflower in a food processor. Put in a microwave bowl with ¼ cup of water. Cook for 7 minutes. Spread on paper towels, salt, and let it sit for about 15 minutes (this will draw out the excess moisture). Pat dry.
- Combine the cauliflower, chicken, cream cheese, cream, onion, garlic powder, paprika, chicken stock, and pepper.
- Pour ingredients in prepared pan and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
4 Ways to Get Organized for Back to School!
School’s finally out for summer, but for parents, it’s just about time to start thinking ahead to Back to School! Making a game plan now for August and September, including ordering some key supplies including Name Bubbles.
Fundraise with Shoott!
Learn how to fundraise with Shoott!
Kirsten Pierce: The Beauty Mechanics
Kirsten Pierce, certified registered nurse anesthetist, mother to two amazing children, wife of an incredible husband and dog-mom of two fur babies, a Great Dane named Finnegan and a Lab mix named Layla. Besides her role of ‘super mom,’ Kirsten has now added the...