Jan 25, 2019 | Recipes
Looking for a kid-friendly, quick and easy meal that contains vegetables? This casserole is so good they won’t even notice there are “hidden” vegetables. My kids think it’s chicken, cheese, and “rice”. It’s a crowd pleaser and is also gluten-free, keto, and low-carb. I left out the chicken stock and halved the heavy cream with milk. This made the mixture less soupy in the end. Enjoy!
4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (can use a rotisserie chicken to save time)
1 head of cauliflower, riced (can also use frozen riced cauliflower and cook in microwave per instructions)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
½ cup chicken stock
Black pepper to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Grate the cauliflower in a food processor. Put in a microwave bowl with ¼ cup of water. Cook for 7 minutes. Spread on paper towels, salt, and let it sit for about 15 minutes (this will draw out the excess moisture). Pat dry.
- Combine the cauliflower, chicken, cream cheese, cream, onion, garlic powder, paprika, chicken stock, and pepper.
- Pour ingredients in prepared pan and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
The Best-Ever Rice Krispie Treats! By Jennifer Segal Servings: 20 to 24 squares Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes, plus one hour to cool INGREDIENTS 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan Two 10-oz bags mini...
This story was contributed by Rosemary D'Urso of Library Mom! Follow her on instagram @librarymombooks. It’s the season of ghosts and goblins and we are thrilled to share our list of brand-new picture books along with some timeless favorites that are...
Recently, we shared our favorite Back-to-School shopping secret weapon—Rockets of Awesome. This mom-founded kids brand is not only fun and fashionable (seriously, we wish these clothes came in our size!) but their subscription and online shopping options make it super...