Feb 8, 2019 | Recipes
If we’re going to bake, we want to make sure the final product checks three boxes: First, that it’s a healthy snack for the whole family. Second, that it tastes good enough for everyone—even a picky toddler—to eat. And finally, that they don’t have a million ingredients or steps, because who has the time for that right now? These muffins, from Greenwich Moms‘ Megan Sullivan, hit all those marks. Plus, she says making them is a fun family activity: “My kids love helping to make these and picking what ‘mix-in’ we will use. We often go with a combo of different ones. Some of our favorites include blueberries, walnuts, coconut flakes and, of course, chocolate chips!”
Here’s how to make these gluten, dairy and sugar-free muffins—hope your kids love them as much as ours do!
Gluten-Free Paleo-Friendly Banana Muffins
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 scoops Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
2 scoops protein powder (Megan uses Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein.)
1 cup (total) mix-ins (Megan’s family loves half blueberry and half chocolate chips!)
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the wet ingredients together well (Megan uses a Vitamix blender to save time, but be careful you don’t overmix).
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients until they are incorporated.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, and blend again briefly.
- Using a measuring cup, measure 1/3 cup servings into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (insert toothpick to check if done).
- Optional: Spread organic honey, like Bee Keeper Naturals, on the warm muffins. Enjoy!
For more great family-friendly recipes, visit our Food section!
4 Ways to Get Organized for Back to School!
School’s finally out for summer, but for parents, it’s just about time to start thinking ahead to Back to School! Making a game plan now for August and September, including ordering some key supplies including Name Bubbles.
Fundraise with Shoott!
Learn how to fundraise with Shoott!
Kirsten Pierce: The Beauty Mechanics
Kirsten Pierce, certified registered nurse anesthetist, mother to two amazing children, wife of an incredible husband and dog-mom of two fur babies, a Great Dane named Finnegan and a Lab mix named Layla. Besides her role of ‘super mom,’ Kirsten has now added the...