Feb 8, 2019 | Recipes
If we’re going to bake, we want to make sure the final product checks three boxes: First, that it’s a healthy snack for the whole family. Second, that it tastes good enough for everyone—even a picky toddler—to eat. And finally, that they don’t have a million ingredients or steps, because who has the time for that right now? These muffins, from Greenwich Moms‘ Megan Sullivan, hit all those marks. Plus, she says making them is a fun family activity: “My kids love helping to make these and picking what ‘mix-in’ we will use. We often go with a combo of different ones. Some of our favorites include blueberries, walnuts, coconut flakes and, of course, chocolate chips!”
Here’s how to make these gluten, dairy and sugar-free muffins—hope your kids love them as much as ours do!
Gluten-Free Paleo-Friendly Banana Muffins
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 scoops Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
2 scoops protein powder (Megan uses Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein.)
1 cup (total) mix-ins (Megan’s family loves half blueberry and half chocolate chips!)
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the wet ingredients together well (Megan uses a Vitamix blender to save time, but be careful you don’t overmix).
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients until they are incorporated.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, and blend again briefly.
- Using a measuring cup, measure 1/3 cup servings into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (insert toothpick to check if done).
- Optional: Spread organic honey, like Bee Keeper Naturals, on the warm muffins. Enjoy!
For more great family-friendly recipes, visit our Food section!
School’s finally out for summer, but for parents, it’s just about time to start thinking ahead to Back to School! Making a game plan now for August and September, including ordering some key supplies including Name Bubbles.
Learn how to fundraise with Shoott!
Kirsten Pierce, certified registered nurse anesthetist, mother to two amazing children, wife of an incredible husband and dog-mom of two fur babies, a Great Dane named Finnegan and a Lab mix named Layla. Besides her role of ‘super mom,’ Kirsten has now added the...