We’re about to head into the holiday season, and if you’re like us, that usually means diving into some delicious and decadent food, from frosted cookies to festive cocktails. Now, 2020 can use all the help it can get, so we’re not suggesting you skip any of that. But consider adding this colorful and nutritious greek salad hummus recipe, shared with us by Beach Cities Moms, to your menu (whether for a socially distanced soiree or a quick weekday lunch). Your body will thank you…and the best part? The veggies can be chopped ahead of time so you can assemble this healthy dish in seconds!
GREEK SALAD HUMMUS
- 16-oz container of plain hummus
- Dried oregano
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ pound mini cucumbers, diced
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- pita chips or pita bread for serving
- Spread entire container of hummus onto a medium-sized platter. Sprinkle with dried oregano, then top with tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta.
- Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.
- Arrange pita chips or bread around the outside of the platter, or on the side in a separate bowl.
Recently, we shared all about our favorite new kids’ fashion find, Rockets of Awesome. It is a mom-founded brand of adorable clothes that can be bought online and through their time-saving subscription model. We’re still stocking up on festive holiday looks and...
This cocktail was shared by Lindsay Wernert Potter, the cocktail contributor for Greenwich Moms, from local restaurant Little Pub. Want to sip on something more festive this season than a Cab? Try mixing up this Fall cocktail. It uses cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and...
Looking for some candy-free options for Halloween this year? Whether your child’s school doesn’t allow candy, you want to offer kids (and parents) a healthier option or want to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project (allergy-free options in a blue pumpkin), we have...