If you’re trying to sneak more veggies into your family meals, this Healthy Alfredo Pasta from our contributor CatwithaK Cooks is a great start.
For more recipes from The Local Moms Network, go to https://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
1 small to medium cauliflower, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
½ cup parmesan, grated, plus additional for serving
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
1 package of linguine or fettuccine, I use Banza or Jovial Foods chickpea and brown rice pasta
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil until the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork, about ten minutes.
- Drain cauliflower in a colander and add to the blender.
- Meanwhile, boil your pasta in a separate large pot of well salted water according to package directions. Drain pasta in the same colander and reserve at least 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Place the cauliflower in a high powered blender or food processor and add the parmesan, butter, olive oil, mustard, garlic, zest and juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- Blend to combine for about 20 seconds.
- Add some of the pasta water, ½ cup at a time, and blend until the sauce is very creamy and the consistency is to your liking. I usually use between 1-1 ½ cups of water. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the alfredo sauce and top with extra parmesan, chopped parsley, and cracked pepper. Enjoy!
As seen on The Local Moms Network.
The Best-Ever Rice Krispie Treats! By Jennifer Segal Servings: 20 to 24 squares Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes, plus one hour to cool INGREDIENTS 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan Two 10-oz bags mini...
This story was contributed by Rosemary D'Urso of Library Mom! Follow her on instagram @librarymombooks. It’s the season of ghosts and goblins and we are thrilled to share our list of brand-new picture books along with some timeless favorites that are...
Recently, we shared our favorite Back-to-School shopping secret weapon—Rockets of Awesome. This mom-founded kids brand is not only fun and fashionable (seriously, we wish these clothes came in our size!) but their subscription and online shopping options make it super...