Feb 1, 2019 | Recipes
Is anyone else obsessed with the acaí trend these days? Acaí (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) is not only yummy, it’s good for you too. The acaí berry is a superfood that hails from the South American rainforest. It is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients, as well as being low in calories.
Acaí bowls has become a favorite in the Raleigh area thanks to the amazing food truck Buoy Bowls. But if you’re in a pinch or want to save some cash, try one out for yourself. Kids love it too!
Here’s what you will need for your acaí bowl:
- Frozen acaí (We use 2 packets of Samazon Organic Acaí)
- 1/4 cup or less of apple juice
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp peanut or almond butter
- Blueberries, shredded coconut, nutella, honey, granola, or other desired toppings
- Thaw the frozen acaí packets in a bowl or warm water for 1-2 minutes as directed on package
- Blend the first 5 ingredients until smooth
- Pour the mixture in a bowl
- Top with desired ingredients
It’s as simple as that!
We hope you’ll love acaí bowls as much as our family.
Looking for some candy-free options for Halloween this year? Whether your child’s school doesn’t allow candy, you want to offer kids (and parents) a healthier option or want to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project (allergy-free options in a blue pumpkin), we have...
Mom Tried It: True REST Float Therapy Feeling stressed, achy or downright exhausted? Give float therapy a try! True REST® (Reduced Environmental Stimulus Therapy) is a zero-gravity environment that allows the mind and body to completely let go, relax, and reset....
The Best-Ever Rice Krispie Treats! By Jennifer Segal Servings: 20 to 24 squares Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes, plus one hour to cool INGREDIENTS 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan Two 10-oz bags mini...