Feb 1, 2019 | Recipes
Is anyone else obsessed with the acaí trend these days? Acaí (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) is not only yummy, it’s good for you too. The acaí berry is a superfood that hails from the South American rainforest. It is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients, as well as being low in calories.
Acaí bowls has become a favorite in the Raleigh area thanks to the amazing food truck Buoy Bowls. But if you’re in a pinch or want to save some cash, try one out for yourself. Kids love it too!
Here’s what you will need for your acaí bowl:
- Frozen acaí (We use 2 packets of Samazon Organic Acaí)
- 1/4 cup or less of apple juice
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp peanut or almond butter
- Blueberries, shredded coconut, nutella, honey, granola, or other desired toppings
- Thaw the frozen acaí packets in a bowl or warm water for 1-2 minutes as directed on package
- Blend the first 5 ingredients until smooth
- Pour the mixture in a bowl
- Top with desired ingredients
It’s as simple as that!
We hope you’ll love acaí bowls as much as our family.
4 Ways to Get Organized for Back to School!
School’s finally out for summer, but for parents, it’s just about time to start thinking ahead to Back to School! Making a game plan now for August and September, including ordering some key supplies including Name Bubbles.
Fundraise with Shoott!
Learn how to fundraise with Shoott!
Kirsten Pierce: The Beauty Mechanics
Kirsten Pierce, certified registered nurse anesthetist, mother to two amazing children, wife of an incredible husband and dog-mom of two fur babies, a Great Dane named Finnegan and a Lab mix named Layla. Besides her role of ‘super mom,’ Kirsten has now added the...