This story was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor Kate Bowler of Domestikatedlife.
PUMPKIN TURKEY CHILI
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lb. Of Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet Of Chili Seasoning
- 2 Tsp. Of Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Of Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Of Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Of Pumpkin Puree
- 14 Oz. Can Of Diced Tomatoes
- 14 Oz. Can Of Red Kidney Beans
- 14 Oz. Can Of White Beans
- 8 Oz. Can Of Baked Beans
- Salt And Pepper
- Hot Sauce, To Taste
- Serve With Cornbread And Toppings Such As Diced Red Onions, Scallions, Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese
- Heat A Drizzle Of Olive Oil Over Medium Heat In A Large Dutch Oven Or Pot.
- Sauté The Diced Onion And Minced Garlic For 2-3 Minutes, Until Softened.
- Add The Ground Turkey To The Pot And Continue To Cook Until Browned And Just About Cooked Through.
- Add Chili Seasoning And Paprika To The Ground Turkey, And Stir To Coat. Then Mix In The Honey, Tomato Paste And Pumpkin Puree.
- Fold In The Diced Tomatoes, Red Kidney Beans, White Beans, And Baked Beans. Season To Taste With Salt And Pepper, And Then Reduce The Heat To A Simmer.
- Allow The Chili To Simmer For At Least 30 Minutes Before Serving.
- Add Hot Sauce To Taste If You Prefer A Spicier Chili, Serve Alongside Cornbread And Top With Your Choice Of Red Onions, Scallions, Sour Cream, Or Cheddar Cheese.
For more Fall inspiration from Kate, visit Domestikatedlife.
4 Ways to Get Organized for Back to School!
School’s finally out for summer, but for parents, it’s just about time to start thinking ahead to Back to School! Making a game plan now for August and September, including ordering some key supplies including Name Bubbles.
Fundraise with Shoott!
Learn how to fundraise with Shoott!
Kirsten Pierce: The Beauty Mechanics
Kirsten Pierce, certified registered nurse anesthetist, mother to two amazing children, wife of an incredible husband and dog-mom of two fur babies, a Great Dane named Finnegan and a Lab mix named Layla. Besides her role of ‘super mom,’ Kirsten has now added the...